The Nordic-Benelux Center at Korea University (KUNBC) was established to coordinate and facilitate educational cooperation and research collaboration between Korea University and universities in Nordic-Benelux countries. The establishment of KUNBC was also initiated to ensure the successful operation of the East Asia-Nordic/Benelux University Consortium (ENUC) launched in May 2016 at Korea University. Under the slogan of Global KU 2.0, Korea University organized the ENUC to stimulate joint research projects and develop joint education programs with Fudan University and Renmin University of China (China), University of Tsukuba and Waseda University (Japan), KU Leuven (Belgium), University of Copenhagen (Denmark), University of Luxembourg (Luxembourg), University of Helsinki (Finland), University of Amsterdam (Netherlands), University of Oslo (Norway), and Lund University (Sweden).
To be a prime contributor to the coordination and promotion of academic cooperation among East Asia and Nordic-Benelux countries, the KUNBC sets the following tasks to be undertaken.
- Extend assistance and cooperation to ensure ENUC stability and maintenance
- Develop educational and research exchange programs in cooperation with universities in Nordic-Benelux countries
Share research portfolios to promote joint research by:
- • Establishing a bilateral and multilateral research network
- • Providing facilities for exchange and visiting scholars, post-docs, and graduate students
- • Organizing seminars and international conferences
- • Developing joint research interests and jointly applying for research funding
- • Publishing research outcomes
Share unique and innovative educational systems and support joint educational programs such as:
- • Exchange and visiting students
- • Exchange lectures
- • Multilateral academic credit bank system
- • Massive open online courses (MOOCs)
- • Dual-degree programs